Friday, February 08, 2013

So then this happened.

First, yes. I'm warmer. BUT it looks like I sent the cold air to the northeast!  Sorry Newenglanders! Stay inside and safe and warm this weekend!!

 Second, I've been preoccupied this week (are you having deja vu? I'm having deja vu.) with my new volunteer side project. Terrible Skype skills notwithstanding, I'm now volunteering part time for a great little charity called Random Acts.  Random Acts wants to change the world in baby steps, funding and supporting small acts of kindness.  Here's a video snippet of a recent act...




Basically my part is small and I'm hidden in the background, but that's OK, because it's manageable! And it makes me smile.  I get to see the requests for funding and act approvals and help decide the best way to distribute funds.  There's more info about the organization at their website (linked above) if you're interested.  They have an event coming up on March 10, their Annual Melee of Kindness (AMOK). I'll keep you all posted as I discover more.

I also started writing my SECOND book this week.  Yikes. 

I still don't have a dress for my sister's wedding. 

But it's Friday... Which also makes me smile.

Have a great weekend bloggers!

7 comments:

  1. I am in Massachusetts. Do we have you to blame for this storm? I wont hold it against you.
    I'm staying in and thinking warm thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kathi! I'm SORRY. I forget my own power sometimes... ;) Stay safe!

      Delete
  2. this made me smile. thanks! you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you've written a book?! What is it about? I love writing myself and am polishing up a novel before I send it off to agents.

    The Fictionista
    {sean-mackenzie.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sean! This book is a mystery/thriller about a SERIAL KILLER. It will give me nightmares.

      The last one was a romantic drama, but it was never intended for publication. It was just for me. :) we'll see about the new one... Congrats on your book! Writing is WORK.

      Delete
  4. I kind of love that the acronym is AMOK. :D

    Awesome on the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute, right? This is the 2nd year I think. So far I've approved a couple of projects for it too, so I feel totally involved now!

      Delete