It's finished! And awfully cute, if I do say so myself:
You'll have to forgive the "inside" dressform photos, I'm still not upright for very long.
My inspiration skirt can be seen on the anthropologie website, the Flurried Plumes Midi Skirt. I decided to make mine out of an ebay-purchased rayon leaf print. The prints are completely different but have the same feel and some of the same tones too.
I did end up using a pattern for the base of the skirt, a 1980 See & Sew. I used it this summer to make the cami (if you missed that project, check out the links in the sidebar!) I lengthened the skirt by 5" and left off the ruffle. Everything else was straight from the pattern (well, I did adjust the waistband length, but that was to be expected. Ahem.)
I should have looked at the the inspiration photo again; I didn't realize the waistband was so wide and had 2 buttons. Oh well! I still think mine looks pretty good! I could topstitch it, but I'm waiting to see if it stretches out too much on wearing (as linen has a tendency to do).
The buttons were from my button box...I was shocked I had 6 of the right color and size!