Friday, October 19, 2007

Grease is the word...

Poodle skirt update! I have had few spare minutes the past 2 weeks with our block changing at school and my kids on fall break. But I did manage to get the poodle applique on Lu's cheer performance costume this past week! Here's a sneak peek:


I did something different for the curly bits. My Hobby Lobby didn't have any black fur, so Lu & I picked up a few packages of black pom poms instead. After drawing the dog shape (copied right off of my "vintage" poodle skirt) onto glitter felt, I used fabric glue to attach it to the pink felt circle skirt.

Then I used my blue washaway pen to lightly sketch out the "full" parts of the poodle fur. We used a glue gun to attach the pompoms tightly packed into all of the curly areas. Voila! Curly fur! The huge pom tail is one giant pompom. We had to trim it a bit, as we were a tad overzealous in our pompom size choice.

Cute, no?

Finished skirt pic coming later this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute poodle! Do we get to see the skirt in action?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you'll get to see a dress rehearsal :D I will be out of town next weekend when the big night happens. :(

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &