Monday, February 04, 2008

Twizzlers for Clothing

I'm hungry. Dang that other Angie and her willpower for healthier eating. I've been trying to pick up her habit and watch what I eat more than usual. Since I was sick in the fall I've had this weird thing going on with my feet...peripheral neuropathy. Which can be an indicator of kidney disease, but in my case is probably not, thank goodness! What it might be instead is a warning sign for diabetes.

My grandmother and aunt both had type II diabetes, so I have a fairly high family risk. With my weight gain about 5 years ago, I increased the likelihood of developing this completely preventable diesease. I'd like to nip this in the bud hasta pronto! So I'm trying to eat healthier.

In the meantime, I've been working on my Wardrobe Storyboard for the PR Wardrobe Contest. Fun! Here's a peek at what I've got so far! Click the picture for a better look!

And I didn't purposefully channel PR's Gillian either...it just occurred to me after I had the storyboard finished that all my pieces sure did remind me of my favorite candy.

Mmmmm, Strawberry Twizzlers.

Now it's on to sewing! Except that I have parent/teacher conferences two nights this week...but a 3-day weekend to sew! Woohoo!

8 comments:

  1. Love your storyboard, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:34 AM

    I love your theme - and the designs you picked are so cute! I can't wait to see these sewn up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:24 AM

    I love your pattern picks and fabric, too. Can't wait to see your reviews. Hey, last month on the Boards, you said if I sent you pics of my fabrics, etc. you'd do a Paint.Net story board for me. Did you ever get the fabric pics?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo! Love that title (as well as the storyboard, the designs and the colors you choose).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:56 PM

    Oooooh! Love it too. I've always been a black/white/red fan, and I like you pattern picks too!
    Can't wait to see your progress

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your story board but I can't see the red skirt with all of the tops. I think a better choice would be a gray denim skirt, gray slacks, or gray denim jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks girlies!! I've got 2 cut out, so hopefuly I'll have progress to show by the end of the weekend!

    KK, thank you for your suggestions! That would look awesome! I was worried about the red skirt at first, but you know I really like the pattern and the fabric is already in my stash. I'm trying not to purchase anything and unfortunately I don't have any grey at all!! We'll see how it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry if you are hungry! But well done for getting into it. Did you look at Sparkpeople?
    Oh my I love your storyboard - I wish I could do that.
    Thanks for the Ottobre info - i'm not sure if I have a rolling subscription either? Hey if it is quarterly are they now having 4 issues a year? That would be good news - it seems ages since I had an issue.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &