Friday, June 13, 2008

The Holy Grail...

of FOE (foldover elastic)!!

Yes, in about a million colors. (ok, 95 colors) Also that cute organza ruffled edge elastic you see so often in Ottobre, in the same 95 colors! Not to mention a few other elastics. I'm going to go through my knit stash over the next few days and try to sort out what colors I'd like to have on hand. If you're anything like me, you tend to buy the same color-way over and over!

New project to start this afternoon (the Cindy McCain knockoff is on the back burner until I'm out of the casual summer sewing phase!) I think I'm going to do a couple of quick summer tops. Here are the contenders:

Simplicity 3882 (I like both of the short tops.)

Simplicity 3887 (probably the cover photo view)

New Look 6562 (v-neck, no ruffle)

I've already altered all with an FBA, so it's just a matter of cutting out (my least favorite part) and stitching up! I'm not terribly concerned about fit, since they're all pretty easy-going styles and I will probably be using crinkle gauze and knit.

I'm also really wanting to make this sundress from BWOF 6/07 #109 for our beach vacation in 2 weeks. Perfect "throw on over your swimsuit" kind of dress!
On the other hand, I received this awesome, bright pique from Gorgeous Fabrics last week, and I really want to make McCall's 5593 (short sleeve - view A)


And with that, I'm off cause I haven't figured out how to surf blogs/PR and sew at the same time.

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh, that sundress is so cute!! I just got a huge order of FOE in the mail today! lol I hope I have success with it lol. It will be my first time using it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I might have to add that dress to my list to do in the next few days. It will be perfect for my trip to the beach soon. Hmmm yep, thank you for pointing it out! LOL I think I have this issue of bwof...let me go check before I get my hopes up lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:20 PM

    Ack! How did I miss that cute fabric?

    Thanks for the FOE link too - I'm going to have to remember that site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute fabric and patterns.
    Thanks for the FOE link - I'm lucky if our local store (Spotlight) has it in at all and when it is there it's only in a couple of colours ie. Black, white and maybe navy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:03 PM

    cute jacket, are you going to make a muslin for it or just go for it?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &