Sunday, June 28, 2009

sweaty.

We've been HOT in Oklahoma the past few days. As in over 100 degrees Fahrenheit hot.


That's just silly.

Thankfully this week we're going to be back into a more normal mid to upper 90s (with Oklahoma humidity levels that's not really a whole lot better, but I'll take it.) For sewing, I've done...

nil.

So...I'm planning a project to get back in the groove. I'm going to give my first Hotpatterns a try, the Riviera Once, Twice, Three Times a T-Shirt. I'll be doing the tie-dye version with the cool ruffly sleeves.


I've never tried HP because I've had a couple of unpleasant run-ins with one-half of the duo, and because of others' poor customer service experiences. However, I'm nothing if not flexible (especially when it comes to cute patterns and inspirational youtube videos.) And I gotta say...Trudy finally won me over with the video segments. She's adorable, and fun, and extremely likable. Sold!

Here's my fabric:


Dudes. It was on clearance for 50 cents a yard!! Oh yea, cheap fabric, it's your birthday. (Insert twitchy hips here.)

Oh and you know I'll let you know if its a complete bust. Just keepin it real for ya.

ps...computer is D.E.D. Still on borrowed laptop. Bah. Mac, I'm sorry I ever forsook thee. At least one of you out there (are you still out there?? I'm never sure.) would probably argue that point quite eloquently and in a British accent. Good times.

8 comments:

  1. Wow 50 cents a yard. Now that is some extreme sale shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you in the 100's here in Texas. This is August weather! Add to that no rain for a month. We are hot and parched around here. Sorry about your computer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I'm twitchin' my hips with ya, can't remember the last time I got a deal like that! Sorry about the mac, but I'm a pc...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see sewing. I need to email you and pick your brain - seriously. By the way - VeeDogKnits and I were talking about you the other day. Unfortunately the menfolk were on the deck with us and they thought bloggy friends were a bit strange. We set them straight right quick! g

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the fabric where did you find it? Can't wait to see the finished top

    ReplyDelete
  6. 100's, just like in here. It's impossible weather!

    That's a cute pattern and fabric. And at that price i'd be dancing too. :):):)

    Hugs,
    Lory

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep us (me) posted on your HP experience. I keep forgetting to email. You can add my email addy though: info (at) cabinbaby (dot-a-roni) com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So? Where the hell is the HP top? You've been a sewing demon lately.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &