Wednesday, May 27, 2009

BWOF - June

I got my June issue yesterday! I was so jealous that Shannon got hers before me. Darn her, we only live 40 minutes apart!

I plan to trace a few things in this issue (although it strikes me as more of a "sleeper" issue on the whole.) I really love top #102, even though its "suited for a small bust". (They do give a little hint for those without the small bust... topstitch the pleats down. I might try it the original way first just to see.)


And these shorts are adorable...I may have to grade these up:


CUTE summer bandeau top; perfect with that bolero they had a couple months ago in the plus section!



And you know I'm all over this mixed print woven top, #133:



Since I've always been a fan of retro and vintage, there were 3 things in this issue that I thought were especially lovely. Skirt #127, with an optional tulle overlay:



Love dress #128:



And top #123 has a very 40s secretary vibe to me. Add a pencil-y skirt & a french roll and I think I hear 1944 calling!


I like dress #129 too...another knit with a zip though (BWOF you slay me.)



I'm seeing a trend here...lots of pleated detailing and interesting wraps & crossovers. Also lots of fitted details, which I like! I'll bet some of you have favorites I didn't notice on my first perusal! Can't wait to see what you think!

14 comments:

  1. So cute! Maybe mine will come today... A lot of those cross-over details would be pretty nursing friendly, which is a boon to me these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOh, I missed top #102! New fav! I have a small bust so that will be fabu! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a sleeper issue, although nice items, just not much new. I splurged for a BWOF 6 month subscription and was kind of disappointed, alot of rehash from last year, even though a beautiful rehash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, ditto on all the same faves! My issue came yesterday, too. My subscription will be ending soon, so I've got to decide if I want another year. I already know I do, but wished I was more productive with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mixed print top too. Aren't those pockets adorable? I think I'll try to reproduce it with some patterns that already fit me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh skirt 127 is adorable! I love the vintage looks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that skirt and top 123!

    i cant wait to receive mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:42 AM

    Everything except the shorts is also on my list. I really like this issue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping the pleats will take me from an A cup to a C cup; just for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely loved this issue. I think it is one of the best ones I have ever gotten. I just wish I had the time to sew everything in it I want.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOH, you got yours already? I'm still waiting on mine - I can't wait either because I have to make that bandeau top!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I might have to buy this issue, thanks for posting all these great garments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the first top and shorts, and both dresses you picked out. My Burda is sitting on my kitched counter while I'm on vacation. *sob* I can't wait to read it first thing when we get home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This BWOF issue has a lot of things for me and 16-yr-old DD. I like that last dress you showed for a special occasion. DD wants the tank dress with the circle hole in the back.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &