This is the pattern I used, a See & Sew from the 80s:
There is an interfaced band across the top, and it's slightly shaped to fit at the armholes. The cami body has a bit of gathering at the top of the bustline (I could use a bit more, sort of a cheater FBA on the next one. This one fits the tiniest bit tighter than I like).
I was lucky enough to happen across a basket full of vintage laces at an antique store last summer, and I pulled from that stash for 3 strips to use down the front of the camisole. The wide strip in the center is flanked by a 3/8" tuck on either side, and then a strip of 1" edging was placed on the sides of the tucks.
The back of the camisole has a small casing with elastic.
At the hems, I added small vents, since I probably could have used about 2 more inches in width. Not the optimal solution, but it will make this one a little more easy to wear.
I'm pretty enamored with this pattern. The fit across the chest and back is perfect! I'd like to have a tunic-length one, with a ruffle, and maybe some Cluny lace. And a white one with tatting and entredeaux, and...well, you get the picture.