|I come by my celebrity boyfriend fetish naturally. |
My mom called dibs on this handsome devil a LONG time ago.
Today is Elvis' birthday. AND...this weekend I was playing around with a cupcake recipe and realized my final creation was perfect for the occasion.
Behold the Banana Cupcake with Peanut Butter Frosting:
Pretty. It's also really tasty, more of a "muffiny" cake than a "cake" cake, but still pretty nummy. The recipe follows, a combination of my Super Special Vanilla to End All Vanilla Cupcakes cupcake recipe and a Banana Cupcake recipe I found online. (Well, technically, the banana was the only thing I really took from that recipe. The rest I ad-libbed. I fly by the seat of my pants like that. When I wear pants.)
|This is what Elvis would look like eating this cupcake.|
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 T vanilla
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (approx 3 bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine sugars, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add stick of butter and mix on medium speed. (I use a hand mixer). The texture will be "crumbly".
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined. Don't overmix!
- Add the mashed banana and stir to combine (you could mix again, but be careful not to overmix. You'll just create air pockets!)
- Fill cupcake liners just over 1/2 full.
- Bake in 350 F oven. Test at 14 minutes with a toothpick (they are done when the toothpick comes out clean). Don't overbake! They should not be a golden brown on top. They'll be too dry (unless you like a dry cupcake). If the toothpick still has wet batter, test again in 2 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 sticks butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 cups powdered (confectioner's) sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl and mix on medium until creamy. Add in the heavy cream and beat on high until light and fluffy.
|My mom wishes that mirror was her face. Just sayin.|
Keep these babies in the fridge, the icing is butter and cream-laden. And also totally lickable.
Just like Elvis.
|My mom wishes she was on the receiving end of this smolder.|
Happy Birthday to the King!