Thursday, January 31, 2008

China, Jersualem and Me

No, it's not a new sitcom.

It's the amazing weather week we've had!

First there was the deadly & unusual snowfall in China.

Xian, China

Then it was a rare blizzard in the Middle East (8+ inches in Jersualem!)

Dome of the Rock

And now it's the not so unusual, but very pretty (and school slaying) snowfall in Oklahoma.

My backyard

Also my backyard

While I was enjoying my Snow Day at home today, I decided to take the plunge and join the Wardrobe Contest 2008 over at PR. Mainly because I really need some new clothes, and hey they might as well match and go together, right?

I haven't made a SWAP storyboard yet, but I'm pulling out fabrics & patterns as we speak (er, as I type & you read that is) so I'll post a pic as soon as I have an idea! I'm thinking a spring-ish wardrobe rather than more winter wear. After all, I have until April and by then I'll need warm weather wear!

In case you're not familiar with the Wardrobe Contest, you can view last year's entries here. Lots of pretties to look at there! Wish me luck. (No, really. Last 2 contests I entered, I didn't even get ONE garment finished! LOL. but the one before that I did finish! If that counts.)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'm impressed - I'm just hoping to finally make one top for myself in the next few months (maybe make that years...).

    Thanks for the sweet comment about my pincushion. So far the kids are still more interested in the food shaped ones, so maybe my plan is working. I guess I'll find out when I actually put it to more use (been too busy looking at schools to do much sewing lately).

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &