Friday, January 18, 2008

For Heidi...

For one of my favorite bloggers, Everyday Cookies, who is learning to use Photoshop! Here are a couple of really easy to use digital frames. Both are .png files on a transparent background. Click on each preview below to take you to a full size image files Right click & save to your drive for use in your favorite photo editing program.




You can use these in a couple of different ways. They're black (and black goes with everything, dontcha know?!) so just adding them as a new layer on top of your existing photo is very nice. OR if you'd like them to be a custom color...load them as a custom mask.

This step differs by program, but in Paintshop Pro you go to Layers > Load Mask > Load Mask From Disk. Browse your computer for the frame and then voila! It's applied to your picture (actually deleting the frame image from your picture). Add a layer BEHIND your photo filled with whatever color you like, and the frame magically appears!

A mask actually "cuts holes" in your picture, so the layer underneath just peeks through. Easy peasy! I hope you enjoy these 2, and I have several other digital scrap goodies I'll try to share over the next few days.

Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. oh what fun! i got Photoshop Elements for Christmas but I haven't had the guts (or time really) to play with it yet. I am going to remember this post when I get started! What a lovely blog friend you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm playing with them now, but can't get them transparent! I did it the other day, but can't get it to work today! LOL Stay tuned, I WILL MAKE THIS WORK! I really want to learn! You are so sweet to share these!
    *Heidi*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the confirmation on the various items used in "Sew Pretty Homestyle." It is indeed a wonderful book, although my first attempt at the fabric storage box didn't come out well. The substitution for fibre felt that I used was just too thick, so when I try it again, I plan to iron Craft Bond on both the lining and main fabric, then use fusible fleece in place of the fibre felt. We'll see if that works better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to learn photoshop - I keep saying it but never seem to get started!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &