Sunday, January 08, 2012

Shoespiration: Made in USA

Think you can't buy cute shoes that are Made in the USA? Not true! Sure, it's different and you have to search them out, but there are still companies in the US (and our friends to the north) that make beautiful, high-quality shoes.

First up: Munro American, est. 1972
Staci

Pace

Sky

Journey

I love this next company, they have the funkiest, cutest boots!

Vintage Shoe Company, est. 1883

Molly Jump Boot

Bastrop

Jennifer Tanker

Talullah

Sbicca of California, est. 1920  Mostly summery fun shoes, but some boots and clogs too!

Elton

Liana

Reynolds

Spencer

 Lucchese Boot Company, est. 1883 and Tony Lama, est. 1911 For the cowgirl in all of us.

Lucchese N8665

Lucchese N8995

Tony Lama Vaquero Collection

Other companies manufacturing women's shoes in the US include Onex, Okabashi, Vivanz, and others.  The one area that I see lacking in women's shoes is dressy heels and pumps.  There are still many designers manufacturing in Italy too, such as Fratelli Rosetti, who has styles on Zappos that I love.

And I'm in love with these La Canadienne boots, made in Montreal: 

Blanche

Galaxy

I believe Remix Vintage shoes are made in Spain, although their website is very hard to navigate.  I'm just not 100% sure about every style...

Gloria

Greta

Kate

Picasso

Rita

Do you have any favorite American-made or quality import shoe stories to share? I'm always on the lookout for an alternative to outsourced manufacturing.  Are these choices more expensive?  Yes.  I think it's worth it though!

5 comments:

  1. haha. I wish I could afford Lucchese boots. Or Tony Lama's for that matter.

    I didn't know if you had this link or not:

    http://americansworking.com/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Re-Mix shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to change my whole lifestyle just so I can wear those Re-Mix shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, there is some seriously lovely footwear being manufactured in the United States. If I lived there I would be supporting them too!
    And I agree completely that it is worth the little bit extra you pay, to be supporting local industries employing local people, over cheaper imports. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some USA made, very cute wedge sandals from a company called California Magdesians. I'm not wild about every style they produce, but they have a few winners and the pair I have is great quality.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &