Friday, November 20, 2009

muted.

It's been kinda quiet around here. You know, since I woke up yesterday and discovered I was mute.
I'm basically Marcel Marceau. Except less creepy. And a girl.

Now I'm on the good meds, and a strict "no voice use" mandate for at least 2 days. That means it will be quiet around here for most of the weekend. The opera singing while vacuuming will have to wait for another day.

Stickgirl & I have plans to go see this on Sunday!


Aunty Christy, if youre reading, you should come with us! (I'll text you!) Stickgirl thinks the mute thing is just Too. Damn. Funny. (She would.)

After I spend the next day or two lying around in my pj's, I hope to muster up the willpower to trace & cut out a BWOF project or two. And a HP tee I've been meaning to make for, oh, 4 months or more? --Sorry Dawn! ;)-- But mostly this weekend, I plan to sleep and watch Christmas movies.

And make obscene hand gestures when people pretend they don't know what I need/want/mean. (just kidding. I would never do that.)

“We need to find God,
and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness.
God is the friend of silence.
See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence;
see the stars, the moon and the sun,
how they move in silence...
We need silence to be able to touch souls.”
--Mother Teresa


9 comments:

  1. Hi, Angie... sounds like a perfect weekend. Hope you feel better soon :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the hand gestures. Oh, uh... I mean, good luck not making hand gestures! Anyhow, me and my girlfriends are going to see New Moon Sunday, too. Thanks for turning me onto the saga! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas movies will be great to cheer you up :) Have a great week end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just remember "You'll shoot your eye out!"


    I hope you have a relaxing weekend and feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so ready for the Christmas movies! Bring 'em on!!

    Hope you get your voice back soon or at least learn some really, really rude hand gestures! g

    ReplyDelete
  7. Use those hand gestures--any of them that get your point across!

    Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know some folks who wish I had this problem. LOL
    Hope you are better very soon.
    I always found that my school kids behaved better when I had laryngitis. Sometimes I pretended!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angie,

    I'm hoping you're feeling better. It would be so good if "Chicken Soup for the Soul" would come up real fast, for a remedy for the common cold. I have to say that I think you are one of the funniest writers,and full glass people I read. I appreciate you "draggin'" yourself to update all of us. As my husband would say "You're a Babe".
    Feel Better Friend,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &