Tuesday, March 09, 2010

mid-week makeover!

So, maybe you remember this Built By Wendy rayon chambray top?? It's Simplicity 3964 (and I think it's still in print.)


Well, I loved it then. Loved it. But I never wore it. I finished it right before school started, and I can't wear sleeveless items to school. I thought maybe I'd wear a little shrug or something over it, but I never did. So this completely adorable top has languished in my closet for months!

That simply won't do. I really have been wanting to wear it the past several days too, since our weather is GORGEOUS!

Sooo...Makeover Time! I luckily had the foresight to save a bit of the chambray because even last summer I thought I might, might, want to do a short sleeve instead of sleeveless.

First I had to unpick my armhole binding and remove it:


Then I had to cut and insert new, puffed sleeves.


And make binding. Which is attached, but not pressed, turned, and topstitched yet.


And... I still have one side to go.


Which means this completely finished object (F.O.) has now magically turned into a U.F.O. (ok, so not exactly magically since it was entirely my doing.)

But never fear, I plan to finish it this week so I can wear it with khaki pants. Or a khaki skirt! Beautiful weather motivates. It's a fact.

So now I have TWO things to photograph for you, the Sunshine top and this top (when its finished). Good thing its only Tuesday!

8 comments:

  1. I liked it as a sleeveless top but I also like it with sleeves. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What foresight you had! Now, may you will wear that totally cute top! Oh, and with white capris in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookin' good! I agree, I see this worn with some nice white linen slacks or capris... Does anyone still say "slacks" or has my mother come to visit in my vocabulary again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. dizersho.

    that's all I have to say about someone who RUINS A PERFECTLY GOOD F.O. I don't care if you DID make it really really cute with sleeves. You still ruined a perfectly good F.O. Which should be wrong just on PRINCIPLE.

    dizersho also happens to be my word verification. So that worked out well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kinda agree with Beangirl on this. But I'm way to lazy to redo a FO! The sleeves ARE cute and I know it's gonna look great when you get done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you for making a big save. I think the sleeve adds more interest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like it with sleeves. Great job!
    Web hosting india

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sleeves are really cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &