Monday, December 21, 2009

cheerful.

A very cheery skirt for the first day of Winter!


Skirt is Ottobre 5-07-118, and I made it back in April. You can see the original post here.

I thought it about time I blog something I've sewn, since my sewing is so much on the back burner in the fall/winter months! I promise, I'm still wearing beautiful clothes that fit (this skirt is a tad big now, but I wore it anyway!) and that I made.

With the addition of a black sweater set (Target), black tights (also Target, love their Merona tights!) and comfy black Mary Janes (Cato) and I've got a winter outfit from a summery print skirt that might otherwise be shoved to the back of my closet in the colder months!

My hair is shorter than you've seen it in a while! I got all dolled up to finish Christmas shopping/groceries. Red shiny lips and black eyeliner made me feel a little retro. I got lots of smiles and nods this afternoon.

I love how people appreciate a pretty skirt! (No one line jumps in front of pretty skirts and red lips either.)

11 comments:

  1. You look fantastic. Your hair style really suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shorter hair!! (Cute skirt too of course and I am amazed at the power of red lipstick on men and women alike)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutie you! Love the shorter hair and the skirt, and now you have inspired me to get out my red lipstick.

    I have gotten super picky about tights lately, and want only cotton-y warm ones. Sadly this makes tights much more expensive and hard to find. My current favorites are from Foot Traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so bloody cute, I could just spit! Everything is perfect - the outfit, the hair, the lips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Japanese feel to this fabric design. You look very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful and so happy. merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous you! Love the hair--very becomming. Your skirt-the whole outfit--is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking outfit and your hair is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look adorable! I love your hair too. I just bought 3 pairs of tights at Target but haven't tried them yet. Good to know they're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit is so awesome! I'd never think to pair a cotton skirt with tights and a sweater for a cute winter look! I'm off to scour my closet for skirts that will work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look sensational! -the outfit, hair, and makeup. :-) I, too, am going to look through my cotton skirts for something fun to brighten up a winter day.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &