Thursday, December 10, 2009

mod.

Do you shop ModCloth? Because I can't tear myself away. It's like kitsch meets indie fashion meets retro vintage goodness. Like this dress/jumper, which I am now sadly obsessed with:


It immediately made me think of this pattern, Simplicity 3678 I didn't even realize the cover photo featured a similar b&w houndstooth!


It doesn't have that amazing collar though, so...any pattern suggestions out there??

While I was at Modcloth, I might **MIGHT** have bought these amazing loafers with my birthday money.
Note how great they're going to look with my new BWOF skirt! See. I'm not just using sneaky Oh! Pretty! shoe distraction to erase the memory of your patient waiting for skirt to arrive. Skirt is still on the front burner. Skirt wants you to know it is excited to meet you too, but good things come to those who wait.

And wait.

Ok I had to scroll up to look at that dress again. Please give me a pattern suggestion! Skirt won't mind. Promise.

11 comments:

  1. RE: The Collar - Look at Vouge 8408

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:11 PM

    I think with little tweaking Simplicity 2473 fits the bill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome dress! You are the queen of snoop shopping. g

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG those shoes are freakin' COOL!

    Want some want some want some... sorry, my brain went into a shoe fugue.

    have to mull over the pattern thing, when I saw the dess something flashed at the back of my mind but then it was gone. Probably the shoe fugue.

    Oooo, word verification today is "halihi". Is that not awesome? "Halihi! Kalikimaka! Aloha!" It's just so HAPPY.



    Sorry. I had a lot of caffeine tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also immediately thought of Vogue 8408 which I have and still plan to make up someday because I love the collar on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been following your blog for a while and have to say that this may be the most dangeourous post ever. After seeing the dress from Modcloth I went straight to there site and WOW!! I need to start making clothes for myself agian.
    Also thanks for your comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Vogue 8408 in my stash...I never thought of hounds-tooth, but it does look fantastic. What a great eye you have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't blame you for falling in love with that jumper. You could probably adapt that pattern to make one pretty close.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those shoes are totally awesome and I love the jumper! I don't blame you for falling in love either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very very nice dress. I agree too your simplicity 3678 and simplicity 2473 collar would work. I look forward to seeing yours made up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that dress, and I *must* make it! Thanks for posting - I didn't know about ModCloth, but now I'm addicted.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and thank you in advance for reading and commenting! &